Cross country skiing in Ötztal in Tyrol
in the most beautiful atmosphere
Cross-country skiing from Sölden to Kühtai: The trails between Umhausen and Obergurgl in the Tyrolean Ötztal extend over a total length of an impressive 185 kilometers. From the large selection of trails in Umhausen, Niederthai to the excellent trails in Längenfeld, Huben and Gries to the seclusion and snow safety of Obergurgl, the Ötztal offers trails for beginners as well as for experienced runners, for skaters as well as for classic cross-country skiers, for athletes and for nature lovers. Also the biathletes do not miss out in the Ötztal. Thanks to new, ultra-modern shooting facilities (Niederhai, Huben, Gries), this trendy sport can also be practiced and bring great variety to cross-country skiing.
Cross country skiing trails in Ötztal
In addition to intermediate night trails and high-altitude trails at over 1,500 m, the area offers, in addition to the impressive panorama, cross-country skiing trails between one and thirteen kilometers in length. Experience the Tyrolean nature during relaxed laps through the valley or bring your fitness to a new high in the clear mountain air. The trails are elaborately groomed - we invest up to 80 hours every week in maintaining the trails - and offer you cross-country skiing in the most beautiful atmosphere.
69 kilometers for skaters, 12 kilometers of difficult, 94 kilometers of medium-difficulty and 80 kilometers of easy trails make the Ötztal a varied cross-country skiing area that will have new trails ready for you even on your next visit but one, each according to your ability or needs.
Cross country skiing at night
A real highlight is the beautiful night cross-country skiing track in Oberried. Countless cross-country fans come to the illuminated trail in the evening to let off steam! An absolute must for every Ötztal vacation!
Perfect conditions for snow safe cross country skiing
Two cross-country ski trails lead through the impressive landscape of the Gurgltal valley in Obergurgl.
The cross-country trails in Obergurgl
1) "Practice trail": 3 km, skating and classic, easy little demanding
2) "Höhenloipe": 7 km, skating and classic tracked, medium difficult and medium strenuous
Cross-country skiing trail in Hochgurgl
3) "Höhenloipe": 2 km
With variety and guaranteed snow
From December, Niederthai at 1,550 meters above Umhausen guarantees perfect conditions for Nordic sports.
The terrain offers varied conditions for classic cross-country skiing as well as for skating. The pleasure sportsman will find here the perfect conditions but also the ambitious runner will discover his perfect training route.
The trails in Umhausen
1) "Tauferberg": 3 kilometers classic, and 3 kilometers skating hard
2) "Horlachtal": 10 km classic, 10 km skating medium
3) Cross-country trail Matau 4 km classic, medium
4) Sonnenplateau 5 km classic, 5 km skating easy
5) Köfels high altitude trail: 3 km classic, medium
6) Stuibenfall - cross-country ski trail - Umhausen: 5 km skating medium
7) Illuminated Ötzi village trail: 1 km skating medium and classic: every MO, MI and FR illuminated
Cross-country skiing trail in Köfels
Köfels is situated at 1.401 meters above sea level. The trail is 3 km long and classic.
Biathlon training facility in Niederthai and Längenfeld
Every Thursday and Sunday the biathlon for everyone takes place in Niederthai. Locals and guests on the tracks of Sumann, Landertinger and Co, with new laser shooting facility and professional supervision.
In Längenfeld there is the evening biathlon with air rifles on 10m and a folding target facility.
Excellent conditions and perfect facilities are ideal for all beginners and families.
Cross-country skiing in Längenfeld offers unlimited possibilities.
The cross-country trails have even been awarded the Tyrolean Cross-Country Skiing Seal of Quality: the trails measure more than 60 km in the valley basin and offer cross-country skiers almost unlimited possibilities.
Of course, skating tracks are also available - for a whole 20 km. The high-altitude cross-country ski trail in Gries at 1600 meters above Längenfeld is 12 km long and particularly snow-sure.
The cross-country trails in Längenfeld
1) "Au" : 3 kilometers classic, flat, not very strenuous cross-country ski run, cross-country ski run in oval shape
2) "Nord": 9 kilometers mostly classic track, leads along the Ötztaler Ache river
3) "South": 11 kilometers classic route round, easy and little strenuous
4) "Längenfeld skating track": 13 kilometers of skating track, medium difficulty,
5) "illuminated and snow-covered night trail" in Oberried: Oberried near Längenfeld offers an illuminated night trail that always provides the best possible conditions thanks to snow-making. The two kilometers are quite suitable as a beginner's track. Or also as a training route for advanced runners or professionals.