breathtaking glacier world in Sölden
In the heart of Tyrol, in the rear Ötztal, you will find the breathtaking Ötztal Glacier World with the Tiefenbach Glacier and the Rettenbach Glacier. Surrounded by imposing peaks, you benefit both from the best prepared slopes and powder snow but also from wonderful hours of sunshine off the slopes in the skiing mecca in Sölden.
The two viewing platforms on the Ötztal glaciers at dizzying heights assure you, in addition to a breathtaking experience, a unique view of the highest mountain in Tyrol, the Wildspitze.
A ski tunnel connects the two glaciers in the Ötztal ski area (Rettenbach glacier and Tiefenbach glacier) and thus features all levels of difficulty of the slopes, starting from easy over medium difficult up to almost vertical world cup slopes. Furthermore, you will also find a test center of all leading ski brands, and can thus take the opportunity to find the right ski for the upcoming winter and for glacier skiing.
Facts about the ski resort
- 8 modern lifts
- 144 kilometers of pistes (including the Soelden ski area), of which 34.3 kilometers are on the glacier
- 2 glacier ski areas connected by ski tunnel and lift
- 2 viewing areas at dizzying heights (unique view of the Wildspitz, the highest mountain in Tyrol)
- Bottom station: 2.670m,
- top station: 3.250m
- Season start glacier: In the pre-winter months
- Season start Sölden ski area: Beginning of December
- Official FIS World Cup slope