Skiing vacation in Sölden
in the Ötztal in Tyrol
Bergbahnen Sölden: Dreamlike areas with guaranteed snow from November to May on average are outstanding plus points that speak for a skiing vacation in Sölden. In the breathtaking Sölden glacier and alpine scenery, the passionate skier will find a fantastic ski area with modern lifts, mountain railroads and many cross-country ski trails in Sölden.
Facts about the ski resort Sölden
* 31 most modern lifts
* 65.000 persons hourly transport capacity
* 144 kilometers of slopes in the Sölden ski area
* Connection of the winter ski area and the glacier ski area via "Golden Gate to the glacier".
* BIG3 - 3 glaciers in the Sölden ski area Three-thousand-meter peaks opened up with state-of-the-art facilities
- Gaislachkogl (3.058 m) with large viewing platform
- Tiefenbachkogl (3.250 m) with rock footbridge 25 m unsupported - 60m height - view to the Wildspitze (3.776 m)
- Schwarze Schneide (3.340 m) with natural platform - 360° panoramic view up to the Dolomites (over 110 km)
* BIG3 - RALLY
Explore the whole ski area incl. the 3 BIG3 peaks on the new BIG3 Rallye on 10.000 meters of altitude and 50 km - a unique experience
* Common ski pass for all Ötztal ski areas.
Since the winter season 2018/2019 all 6 ski areas of the Ötztal offer a common card, the Ötztal Superskipass. More information is available here.
Other winter sports activities on ski vacation in Sölden
During your ski vacation in Sölden, many cozy restaurants, huts and hostels are also waiting to pamper and accommodate you with typical Tyrolean hospitality.
Child-friendly family hotels, apartments directly at the ski lift, farms with great views of the Ötztal Alps, small family-run guesthouses or very special accommodations such as biker hotels or outdoor accommodations - we show you the whole range of vacation homes that would like to host and accommodate you during your ski vacation in the Ötztal.
Make your non-binding request for accommodation in Sölden here!
Things to know about the ski resort
The municipality of Sölden is located in the southern part of Ötztal in the district of Imst at an altitude of 1,368 meters. Sölden includes the villages of Heiligkreuz, Gurgl, Hochsölden, Sölden, Vent and Zwieselstein. Sölden is one of the most famous ski resorts in Tyrol and the third most popular tourist region in Austria after Vienna and Salzburg. The service sector also plays a significant role in economic terms, mostly dependent on tourism.
We now welcome you and invite you to spend an unforgettable ski vacation in Sölden!